Chocolate Marscarpone Tart
Chocolate Marscarpone TartJul 06
For the Crust:
- 2 Cups whole almonds with skins, toasted and cooled
- 1/2 Cup packed dark brown sugar
- 4 TBS unsalted butter, melted
For the Filling:
- 8 Ounces marscarpone cheese, softened
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1-1/2 Tsp vanilla
- 2 TBS cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/2 Cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 Ounce semisweet chocolate
To Make the Crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Process the almonds and sugar together in a food processor. Pour in the melted butter and pulse again until incorporated.
- Press the mixture into a 9″ tart pan with a removable bottom. Bake the crust for 15 minutes, until the crust is a slightly darker shade of brown.
- Remove the crust from the oven and cool completely.
To Make the Filling:
- Beat the marscarpone cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the cocoa powder and mix on low until mixture is creamy.
- Beat the whip cream in a separate bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold the whip cream into the marscarpone mixture just until blended.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared crust. Shave chocolate over the top.
- Freeze for a minimum of two hours.
- To serve, let the tart sit at room temperature for 10 minutes, then slice and serve.